4. Dalton - Poor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. Niven - Terrible 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:02 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
I think I enjoyed that more than any of the Chibnal episodes so far (and I mean as showrunner, not just writer). Really enjoyed it.

Saying that, I bloody hope they've not done away with Gallifray and the rest of the Timelords again, that's the one thing that annoyed me most about RTD's decisions, and I was really pleased when Moffat brought them back.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:57 pm 

Yes, a definite step up from the opener. Though the idea that the Master would take the long route from 1943 to the present day and not cause mayhem on the way seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:09 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

pretty decent ending although laser shoes were a step to far *boom Tish*

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:10 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Directed by Lee Haven Jones in his Doctor Who debut while Part 1 was directed by Jamie Magnus Stone and I am pretty sure this is the first time that each episode of a two-parter were by different directors.
The Thirteenth Doctor on video in the plane leaving messages to his companions made me think of that conversation between the pre-recorded Tenth Doctor and Sally Sparrow speaking decades apart.
The Master tells Barton that he is not his employee. Would have thought it an ideal opportunity for him to say that he is his Master but he didn't say that.
With the Doctor separated with his companions for most of this episode, it was interesting having historical figures Ada Lovelace and Noor Inayat Khan as kind of stand-ins for them.
After being mentioned in the previous episode, the TCE is finally back in action and how horrifying the Master uses it.
It is revealed that alien spies have been scattered through time and made me think of Scaroth scattered that way in City of Death.
After being introduced in the previous episode, Graham finally gets to use the shooting.
Amusing the first time he shoots them but tacky from the second time round.
Funny seeing the Doctor and Ada under the floor as they hiding from the Master.
Funny seeing Ada from 1834 using a mobile phone.
At the Eiffel Tower. the Doctor says worse than Jodrell Bank, a reference to the Fourth Doctor swansong Logopolis which also had the Ainley Master.
The Master had not and will not apologise for that.
Ryan asked Graham and Yaz why the Doctor did not recognise the Master when she first saw him.
As a long time fan I have taken for granted the Doctor and Master having different faces and it did not occur to me that this would be bewildering to the said companions.
Funny when the Master says that he has been on Earth for 77 years.
What a trick the Doctor played on the Master which saw him get taken by the Kasaavins and placed in that environment.
Barton made his escape and wonder if we'll be seeing him again. Before that it was terrifying seeing the plan almost coming to fruition when it got foiled by the Doctor.
Funny seeing the Doctor fixing things up on the plane so that her friends can survive earlier from the impending crash!
Due to the conversation with the Master, the Doctor finds Gallifrey in ruins thanks to the Master.
In a holo-recording afterwards the Master says he did this and brings up the subject of the Timeless Child. Would the mystery of the Timeless Child be solved this season?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:15 pm 

Theta Sigma wrote:
Funny seeing the Doctor fixing things up on the plane so that her friends can survive earlier from the impending crash!

Was that a knowing nod to 'Blink'... or 'The Big Bang'... or was it lazy rehashing of the 'go back in time and fix it later' routine?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]