It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]

What do you think of this week's episode?
5: The aeroplane that takes you on your summer holidays. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4: Lost in a good book. 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
3: Work 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
2: Some nasty kidnappers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1: Death - not the one riding Binky. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 am 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

On the face of it, this looks intriguing and could be very good if done well. On the other hand if it turns out to be a Tim Shaw competitor on its hunt, then maybe not so.

With two episodes to go, this is the last chance of a two parted and maybe draw the threads together of a mostly meh season. Otherwise an awful lot will be heaped on the finale.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:57 pm 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

Not to sure how to access that. It started very Scandinoir, then went esoteric SF/fantasy.

It's either very very good, or not. It does go to show the wide type of shows the programme can do.

One thing is for sure, Bradley Walsh is quietly stealing the show.

Yaz got to use her police training - always good.

They got the Scandi tone down perfect. However I am not a great fan of that cold clinical tone, and I think that's feeding into my reaction to this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Ugh. Another mediocre episode. Again, I felt like I was watching a cbbc programme. This might be what Chibnal is going for, but if so it's leaving this 45 year old cold.

After a great start, I'm cooling towards Whittaker's Doctor. An entity that's thousands of years old (or arguably billions), The Doctor now seems to be floundering, where I'd expect an assurance and confidance that she's not delivering in her performance. Or being properly written as such.

Guy that plays Ryan was terrible. Why say "shed load" and not "shed-load"? But perhaps that, and other clunkily said lines, was a lack of decent direction.

Technobabble. Too much of it to try and explain quite an important addition to the Who reality. The existence of a conscious Universe should have been a series-arc revelation but it was just presented as antagonist of the week, presumably never to be heard of again. Shocking.

I agree though, Bradley Walsh is stealing all the scenes; he's been phenomenal and the best thing about this season.

Anyway, gave it a 3.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:48 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Why is Jodie’s Doctor still regenerating???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 am 

I was really liking it right up to the frog and then it lost me. I'm sure that some will love the frog, me I hated it and I didn't get how this big bad was suddenly the doctor's BFF.
4/5 up to the frog, then 2/5 thereafter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:36 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Series debut by writer Ed Hime.
A very well done mystery of an episode in which the travelers meet a blind girl Hanne in a brilliant performance by young Eleanor Wallwork.
She was certainly smart that when she later hugged her late mother Trine she sensed that it wasn’t her mother at all.
Ryan suggested that Hanne’s father Erik may have taken off and leave her behind.
Didn’t occur to me until it was brought up in Whovians that Ryan seemed to have projected the desertion of his own father in guessing why Erick had left Hanne behind and notwithstanding that Ryan would be proven on this.
Ribbons is played by Kevin Eldon under all that prosthetics. Eldon had played the Seventh Doctor companion Antimony in the BBC audio Death Comes To Time.
Funny when the travelers meet Erik in that other world that the Doctor asked what Erik is doing in his own house!
Sensed that we were about to see Grace when it was mentioned that it was someone the travelers know but not really surprised that it wasn’t Grace at all.
That was such a moment when the Doctor says that she had seven grans, no. 5 being her favourite and no. 2 may have been a Zygon secret agent.
In response to this revelation of Granny 2 being a Zygon secret agent, someone at the message board I am in says that it is inconceivable why the Fourth Doctor would not share this amusing fact in the Zygons’ debut story Terror of the Zygons.
Yaz suggested about reverse the polarity or something. Where did she get that from.
Shocking moment when Yaz was the first to be thrown out of that world by the fake Trine.
Exciting moment when that world was breaking apart and the Doctor found herself in the white void where she meets the Solitract in the form of a talking frog.
Certainly wasn’t expecting a talking frog! Should not be surprised that Whovians started with Rove talking to Kermit the Frog.
In fact a gif of Kermit was posted on my facebook timeline on the subject of Doctor Who. Didn’t get it until writing this and the previous sentence as the gif was posted before I got to see the episode.
At the end Ryan finally calls Graham, Granddad.

In Whovians, Rove McManus asked who each of them would like the Solitract to be.
Mine would have to be Karen Gillan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:03 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Theta Sigma wrote:
in which the travelers meet a blind girl Hanne in a brilliant performance by young Eleanor Wallwork.

I cannot agree with that I thought she was awful.

Last edited by Mr Cairo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:58 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Access All Areas on It Takes You Away:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]