It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 24   [ 725 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Just saw the ABC (Australia) News piece on the death of Stan Lee and it included a clip of Karen Gillan as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1

Last edited by Theta Sigma on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:38 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Lucky Man 3.2 Run Rabbit Run included the line of a Chinese man chasing a white man.
Well I am a Chinese man doing a different kind of chasing on the white Karen Gillan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:45 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Got reminded about The Marx Brothers film Duck Soup and I decided to look up what the title meant because from memory I was sure it was not literally about duck soup.
Looking this up it says “an easy task, or someone easy to overcome”.
The former part of this description made me think of Karen Gillan as Eliza Dooley in Selfie 1.8 Traumatic Party Stress Disorder when she said about accomplishing a task.
Karen certainly can accomplish a task when she puts her mind to it and I accomplish a task when I fell in love with her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:59 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Started People of Earth (2016-17) and included in the regular cast were Brian Huskey and Da'Vine Joy Randolph and they were earlier in Selfie (2014) playing Larry and Charmonique respectively.
In People of Earth, they played members of a support group of people who had been abducted by aliens.
So they got to know what it is like to meet aliens just like their Selfie co-stars Karen Gillan, John Cho and David Harewood.
Unlike Selfie, People of Earth got to make it to a second season.
It had originally been given a third season but that decision was later reversed and so the series ended with its second season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Weird Science 4.17 Lisarella had Gary (John Mallory Asher) saying that The X-Files guys now works for the government.
This episode had Lisa (Vanessa Angel) wearing a red dress and I have seen The X-Files fan Karen Gillan in a red dress and she looked so beautiful in it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Saw Freema Agyeman in new series New Amsterdam.

New Amsterdam refers to the name of a hospital and Freema plays medical doctor Helen Sharpe.

Of course Freema had played Martha Jones in Doctor Who as Martha is also a medical doctor.

New Amsterdam is originally the original name for New York City and it is somewhat prescient that this very fact was mentioned by the Doctor in one of Freema’s Doctor Who episodes Daleks In Manhattan which sees the Doctor taking Martha to that very city.

Prior to Freema’s series, New Amsterdam had earlier been used as the name of a short-lived 2008 series which is about an immortal man John Amsterdam.
A fellow immortal is Captain Jack Harkness and Freema as Martha has met Jack in both Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Freema’s series New Amsterdam is headlined by Ryan Eggold as Dr. Max Goodwin and Eggold looks kind of like Arthur Darvill who as Rory Williams in Doctor Who is also a medical professional but that of a nurse.

New Amsterdam is therefore the closest we ever see of Martha and Rory together.

Would have been better for Martha and Rory together and Amy instead with me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

In Kerblam! there was a hint of a potential workplace romance. This made me think of Karen Gillan as her character Eliza Dooley’s workplace in Selfie and made me wish that I was in Selfie so I could have a workplace romance with her.

I, Matthew See gets laid with Karen Gillan because that is what I do.

Last edited by Theta Sigma on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Whovians episode on Kerblam! included clips of Karen Gillan in The Doctor’s Wife.

My message to Rory - Amy is mine and she always will be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:17 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Invisible Man (2000) 1.7 is The Devil You Know.
It is also a name of an unaired pilot with Karen Gillan.
Fortuitously I finished The Invisible Man episode on November 27 2018, the day before Karen’s birthday on November 28.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:41 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Whovians episode on The Witchfinders includes clips of Karen Gillan in The Beast Below, albeit with a partial back view of her head, and The Impossible Astronaut.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Saw the 2012 edition of The Big Fat Quiz of the Year from Channel 4 in the UK and during this quiz it showed clips of what was on British television that year.
The clips included Doctor Who: The Power of Three with the explosion of the Shakri ship followed by the Doctor, Amy and Rory falling down to the floor.
Other clips included Jessica Raine in Call The Midwife and future Doctor Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker in The Thick of It.

James Corden was one of the contestants and Kylie Minogue was a guest questioner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

IMDb has announced that Karen Gillan is its top star of 2018 in a video just posted on the said website.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Karen Gillan top IMDb star of 2018:
https://www.imdb.com/best-of/top-stars- ... 3890770176

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

This morning Friday December 7 2018, ABC (Australia) reran The Doctor's Wife at 3:21am.
The Doctor's Wife featured Michael Sheen as the voice of House.
In a remarkable coincidence a minute before ABC began the The Doctor's Wife rerun, SBS reran the Masters of Sex episode Inventory starring the said Sheen in front of the camera as Dr Bill Masters.
The Doctor's Wife is written by Neil Gaiman and Sheen will soon be seen in another work by Gaiman that of Good Omens alongside David Tennant.
The Masters of Sex episode was directed by Jeremy Webb.
Webb had directed The Curse of the Black Spot & The Wedding of River Song, the former of which came immediately before The Doctor's Wife.
Paradoxically just as The Curse of the Black Spot marked Webb's Doctor Who directorial debut, the Masters of Sex episode marked his swansong of that series.
The Masters of Sex episode is 4.2 of the series. The Doctor's Wife is an episode with Karen Gillan as Amy Pond and Karen made her Doctor Who debut (but not as Amy) in NuWho's own 4.2 The Fires of Pompeii.
As Karen wasn't the companion in The Fires of Pompeii she was not in the Tenth Doctor control room, something that got rectified in The Doctor's Wife when it made its brief return.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:49 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Whovians episode on It Takes You Away includes clips of Karen Gillan in Amy’s Choice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Weird Science 5.20 It’s a Mob, Mob, Mob, Mob World had Vanessa Angel as Lisa wearing a tuxedo and it looked similar to one worn by Karen Gillan in Not Another Happy Ending.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:04 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Whovians episode on The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos includes clips of Karen Gillan in Let’s Kill Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The Whovians episode on The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos shown on ABC Comedy on Monday December 10 2018 nincluded showing clips of Let’s Kill Hitler featuring Karen Gillan.
A night later on Tuesday December 11, the Nine Network debut Mom 5.14 Charlotte Brontë and a Backhoe and it coincidentally referenced Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

In the seventh episode of People of Earth, Last Day on Earth had former Selfie star Da'Vine Joy Randolph doing the exact same thing that her then Selfie co-star Karen GIllan did in the eighth episode of Selfie, Traumatic Party Stress Disorder, literally in the same position and as one can see the episodes missed having same placing in their respective series.
Of the two similar situations, I want to be in the situation with Karen as I am in love with her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:16 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Karen Gillan briefly as Nebula in Avengers: Endgame trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBQXrq87sio

As far as titles goes this is not Karen’s first End as she had starred in Not Another Happy Ending (2014).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia by Gary Russell has an entry on the King of Sweden as this king was mentioned in The Vampires of Venice with Venice being set in 1580.

I noticed that in a lot of entries in the encyclopedia, Russell added details that wasn’t in the episodes concerned.

With the King of Sweden entry I found an inconsistent approach by Russell in not stating the name of this king in the given 1580.

I therefore had to look it up on my own to find the name of this king is John III.

I therefore would have written it something like this -
“John III of Sweden When Matthew See pretended to pass his “sister”, in reality his wife Karen Gillan, off to Rosanna Calvierri as a potential candidate for her School, he showed her the psychic paper, claiming it was a reference from King John III of Sweden. Rosanna saw straight through this, but played along, intrigued that a human had access to psychic paper.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:46 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Saw CSI: Miami 5.8 Darkroom which guest starred Natalie Morales and according to IMDb this was her first acting work which came on November 13 2006.
Seeing her here was purely by accident as I am not a regular viewer of this series.
I only came to this episode because it was the first of two appearances in the series by one of my favourite girls Julianna Guill.
Among Julianna’s later work is the Selfie finale I Woke Up Like This in which she played the old high school of Eliza Dooley played by Karen Gillan.
Just as Julianna is in Darkroom as CSI: Miami 5.8, Karen is in NuWho’s own 5.8 The Hungry Earth as companion Amy Pond.
The CSI: Miami episode was coincidentally by another Karen G, Karen Gaviola.
Among the CSI: Miami regulars was Emily Procter. Emily Procter is well known to The West Wing fans for playing Ainsley Hayes in 12 episodes of that series.
In one of her episodes in The West Wing she as Ainsley, a Republican named Democrat Woodrow Wilson as one of the worst Presidents of the United States.
In 2005, the year before Julianna was in this CSI: Miami episode she was in a short film called coincidentally Woodrow Wilson but the title is not in reference to the President but a fake drug named after him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:55 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

CSI: Miami 6.6 Sunblock marked the second of two appearances in the series by Julianna Guill.
Like her previous appearance in 5.8 Darkroom, she only appeared in the teaser of Sunblock.
In both episodes she played a character called Kelly. The reason why I worded this way is that in Sunblock it wasn’t really explicit that she is playing the same Kelly that she did in Darkroom.
In Darkroom she was working at a toll booth and in Sunblock she is wearing a bikini (soothing this Chinese man’s heart) as she is relaxing by a pool.
It is plausible that when she is not working at the toll booth, relaxing by a pool is something she likes to do in her free time.
Among her subsequent work was in the Selfie finale I Woke Up Like This playing the old high school nemesis of Eliza Dooley played by Karen Gillan.

Just as Julianna was in Darkroom & Sunblock, the 5.8 and 6.6 of CSI: Miami respectively, Karen was in NuWho’s own 5.8 and 6.6 with The Hungry Earth and The Almost People respectively as companion Amy Pond.

Given the name Sunblock I was prompted to write these remarks after reading in Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia with its entry on King’s Arms, the mentioning the Rising Sun in The Lodger, an episode with Karen as Amy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:23 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Doctor Who fans name A Christmas Carol featuring Karen Gillan as the best Christmas Special ever:
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018 ... Ym0XO0d7JE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:37 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

My beloved Karen Gillan writing as a guest columnist for The Hollywood Reporter says that Jodie Whittaker knocked it out of the park in her debut season as the Doctor:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... _2JVZCfqvw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:00 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Cobra Kai’s first season episode titles includes All Valley and the finale Mercy.
The words valley and mercy were also used for titles that Karen Gillan was in with the movie In A Valley of Violence (2016) & her antepenultimate full episode as Amy in A Town Called Mercy and in a funny coincidence both has a Western setting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:18 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Frankie Drake Mysteries season 1 finale Once Burnt Twice Spied had Trudy (Chantel Riley) in a flashback speculating to her mother Mildred (Karen Robinson) whether the redhead Frankie (Lauren Lee Smith) is a spy but the idea of a redheaded spy was laughed off by Mildred.
Fellow redhead Karen Gillan is a spy in upcoming animated movie Spies In Disguise which goes to show that the idea of the redheaded spy is not that far-fetched.

Last edited by Theta Sigma on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Orange Is the New Black 2.8 Appropriately Sized Pots had Kimiko Glenn as Brook doing a certain thing.
This episode came on June 6 2014 and a couple of months later came the pilot of Selfie in which Karen Gillan did the exact same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

If I had gotten to write The Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia entry on Madame Kovarian I would write that she made Gangers of Karen Gillan for every Matthew See in existence.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Began the Little Women 2017 mini-series featuring Michael Gambon.
Little Women refers to the March sisters and among them are Jo and Amy.
Jo and Amy are also the names of Doctor Who companions.
Gambon was in Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol an episode with Amy.
Little Women the book got brought up in conversation in Selfie 1.9 Follow Through and it was in relation to Jo.
Didn’t occur to me until seeing the said mini-series that Jo from Little Women was brought up in conversation in the Selfie episode as an analogy not within the narrative but to the viewer that Jo was like Eliza Dooley played Karen Gillan.
Funnily enough Karen had played Amy not Jo in Doctor Who!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Karen Gillan will be an assassin in upcoming movie Gunpowder Milkshake:
https://www.slashfilm.com/gunpowder-milkshake/

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 16 of 24   [ 725 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next