It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 20 of 20   [ 614 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The sixth and next episode of the current season is called Demons of the Punjab, episode 7 is Kerblam! and episode 8 is The Witchfinders.
The names of the final two episodes is not yet known.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:18 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The final two episodes of the current Doctor Who season is now known and it is It Takes You Away & The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:20 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

It has been confirmed that there won’t be a 2018 Doctor Who Christmas Special. It is instead becomes the New Year’s Day 2019 Special.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:32 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

TV WEEK (Australia) of December 15-21 2018 has as its star letter about Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor written by Geraldine and entitled “Still a fan”:
“I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who and have been ever since I was a young girl in the UK. I’m now 67 years old. When it was first announced that the new Doctor was a woman, I was most upset. But since watching the new series, I’ve changed my mind.
Jodie Whittaker is really growing on me. She certainly is different, but in a good way. She sparkles.
I still look forward to watching The Doctor, her companions and the TARDIS on Mondays on ABC.”
Next to this letter is the promotional picture of Jodie in her costume and Geraldine for writing this letter won a five-DVD pack valued at $124.75 which includes The Bombing starring Bruce Willis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:22 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The 2019 New Year’s Day Special is called Resolution and it guest stars Charlotte Ritchie, Nikesh Patel and Daniel Adegboyega as Lin, Mitch and Aaron.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:36 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Whovians will not be looking into the 2019 New Year’s Day Special Resolution due to factors that were not in their control.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:07 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

After the New Year’s Day Special Resolution in 2019, Jodie Whittaker won’t have her second season as the Doctor until sometime in the following year 2020.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

With Resolution on ABC (Australia) on January 2 2019 at 7:30pm, the Sydney Sunday Telegraph tv guide has a piece on it.
Written by Holly Byrnes and entitled “Jodie Shows Who’s Boss”, she says that a year after Jodie Whittaker was cast as the first female Doctor, the sky hasn’t fallen in.
Byrnes says that Jodie has made the transition as the Doctor with grace and aplomb.
She also mentioned that Charlotte Ritchie is in Resolution.
Byrnes stated that Charlotte Ritchie was from Call The Midwife and what happened to her character earlier this year 2018.

While these Call The Midwife episodes with Charlotte Ritchie in them had already been shown to Australian audiences who has Foxtel as they were fasttracked to BBC First, these episodes have yet to be shown on free to air on the ABC due sometime in 2019.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:39 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Doctor Who might go back to Saturday nights...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/doctor-who-coul ... 1832930546

Everyone expects The Fannish Inquisition!

Now on http://www.offtopica2.com!! Woo!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 am 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Honestly couldn't care less, as long as it gets a bloody lot better than most of the last season.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Unlikely. As has been observed over the last few years, when thing don’t go the way overly PC Producers expect, they just double down and do even more of the same and heavily criticise anyone who doesn’t agree.

Which inevitably leads to a spiral down of quality and support. I would fully expect S12 to be as dull as ditchwater.

I tried sticking with S11 but it was just ... boring.

Everyone expects The Fannish Inquisition!

Now on http://www.offtopica2.com!! Woo!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:58 am 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
It was aimed squarely at pre-teens as far as I could see. Not so much the new years episode, which was promising, but overall for the first time since the return (or before that) I don't feel like the target audience.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:09 pm 

Location: ISS London, Battlecruiser Imperial Navy, Segmentum Solar
No Who as such but heard this on a comedy Channel :

Matt Smith walks into a bar .
" Why the long face ? " asks the Barman ...

He went on to suggest that Matt & Sarah Jessica Parker should start breeding & start their own Stud Farm ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:21 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

SJA alum Anjili Mohindra has a guest stint in NuWho Series 12 but not as her SJA character Rani:
https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2019/ ... quegBLlWx8

Curiously this renunites her with Bradley Walsh (Graham) who had played the villain in her debut SJA story Day of the Clown.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:19 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Aurora Marion has been cast in Doctor Who season 42 in an episode directed by Lee Haven Jones.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Nina Metivier has been announced as a new writer for Jodie Whittaker's second season as the Doctor.
Metivier had previously worked as script editor on the first Whittaker season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:13 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Stephen Fry guest stars in the first episode of Jodie Whittaker's second season as the Doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:46 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Saw Jodie Whittaker on The Graham Norton Show which came on December 6 2019.

Also included here were Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, my wife Karen Gillan's co-stars in the new Jumanji: The Next Level.

Hart says here comes the TARDIS as Jodie produces that sound.
My wife Karen was seen in this Show from the Jumanji: The Next Level poster and then a clip of this movie.

When it came to Jodie she recounts on filming the upcoming season of her encounter with a spider that could have killed her!

A clip of the season of the season opener Spyfall was shown and it was surprising when it was revealed that Mandip Gill was in the audience!

Also surprising was when Johnson suggested that he and Hart of being in Doctor Who.

Spyfall has an evidently James Bond theme with the title being a play on the Bond film Skyfall and Norton coincidentally noted that Johnson was dressed up like Bond as he was wearing a pink suit and a bow tie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:18 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

The debut of Jodie Whittaker's second season as the Doctor has two features on the Sydney Sunday Telegraph watch guide of December 29 2019- January 4 2020.

The first as the headline of The Week's Top Show.

This piece by Holly Byrnes under the headline "Whittaker Shows Who's Boss" says that "Whittaker has largely been embraced by fans and relished the opportunity to make history as the first female doctor (sic) in the show's history."

Byrnes then ended her piece with Whittaker's recent appearance on The Graham Norton Show about her encounter with a spider which could have killed her whilst filming in South Africa for this new season.

As a suggestion to the viewer Doctor Who has been recommended for those who liked Black Mirror.

The other piece on watch is on the day of Spyfall Part 1.

Written by Lisa Woolford and under the headline "Time For An Adventure", she says that the Thirteenth Doctor is well and truly back with a bang.

She also quoted what showrunner Chris Chibnall told Digital Spy recently:
"It's an ongoing journey, so we're on a journey with this Doctor and these characters, so we want to do big emotional, scary, funny stories. I think we want to go up a level from last year.

Last year was a recruitment year for the show, for The Doctor, for getting everybody in...It's always a stepping-on point with a new Doctor...This year, we're saying to those people and any other people, 'Here's the amazing world of Doctor Who. Here's lots of treats. Here's some new stuff. Here's some old stuff.'"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:08 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

TV WEEK (Australia) of January 4-10 2020 has a piece on Jodie Whittaker's second season as the Doctor.

Under the headline "Guess Who's Back" it has an interview with the Doctor herself.

Among the questions were if there was less pressure second time around and she said:
"We do thrive on pressure, because we did go into this. We thrive on adrenalin."

Asked what was the best thing about shooting this new season, she said:
"We don't have to do the introduction [of the new Doctor] - you know her now. We can go straight in at where we're all at and each adventure. It doesn't have to have the "Who are we?" in this season.

In another piece entitled "Alien invasion" is a short interview with showrunner Chris Chibnall in which he tells TV WEEK:
"We've got some amazing new monsters, and quite scary to. The first episode is BIG! It might be the biggest episode the show has done. There's a lot of action and a lot of fun."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:56 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

TV WEEK (Australia) of January 11-17 2020 has a piece on Whovians as makes its return along with the latest season of Doctor Who with interview with host Rove McManus.

Under the headline "Mad about Who", Rove says it's "a dream job to sit with a group of friends and talk about a show you enjoy.

I'd do this job [even] if there weren't cameras filming us!"

Yes just like every other fan.

This piece says that Whovians has been designed to be watched by Doctor Who enthusiasts and casual fans alike and Rove believes anyone with a passing interest in Doctor Who can tune into Whovians.

"It's really about reviewing an episode of television, so you don't need to have intimate knowledge of every season of the show.

And if we ever go full nerd, we always warn the viewer. But we always try to have something for everyone, whether they're die-hard fans or casual Whovians."

In another piece "Rove's Top Three Docs", Rove addresses that very topic.

"I like Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor. He set the tone early. I thought Peter Capaldi was great too. He brought something new to the role. And it's hard to go past Doctor number four Tom Baker. He made the role his own."

Whovians makes its return on Thursday January 8 8:55pm on ABC Comedy after Spyfall Part 2 is shown on the main ABC channel.

Elsewhere in this issue of TV WEEK is a letter from Luke about Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor (with a picture of her).

Luke says:
"I'm so happy that Doctor Who is back and that we don't have to wait for months to watch it after the UK.
Jodie Whittaker is fantastic as the Doctor. I know some people didn't want The Doctor to be played by a woman, but give her a break. She's a great fit for the role and, no matter who's chosen to be The Doctor, it won't please everyone. It's a welcome change for me and I'm excited for this season."

In response TV WEEK says:
"Franchises like Doctor Who that have such passionate fans can be hard to please."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Dancing Panda Who:
www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63& ... CbqPf_k9mM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:33 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

TV WEEK (Australia) of February 15-21 2020 on page 85 has Doctor Who as the subject of its Lifestyle Lounge.

It has a picture of Team TARDIS with the Doctor holding the sonic screwdriver.

With the headline "Out of this World - Let the Doctor's (Jodie Whittaker) bright blues inspire your next monochromatic outfit" as its presents Doctor Who themed fashion accessories.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:01 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Series 12 quiz:
https://www.doctorwho.tv/games/quizzes/ ... GEQIG4uscU

Got 6/7 with the Orphan 55 question stumped me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:56 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Which Series 12 monster are you?:
https://www.doctorwho.tv/games/quizzes/ ... eJ0kLsfzhM

I am the Dregs.

"As long as you avoid them you should be ok, as long as your name isn’t Benni."

Personally I would have shouted Karen.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 20 of 20   [ 614 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20