It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Battlefield Heroes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:14 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Not sure if this belongs in Online gaming but it is a free game.

EA's Battlefield Heroes has opened to the public now after a year long BETA test. It's a free WW2 inspired online game based off the Battlefield series of games but features more simple structuring and easy drop-in-and-out gameplay. The graphics are similar to the cartoon style of Team Fortress 2 but fortunately do not demand a Mega-Ninja Bastard PC to run it. The game download is 1GB in size. Basic specs are a 1ghz processor with a 64mb graphics card so it should run on most machines and I expect it would run well on a laptop. I signed up a couple of days ago it and I really enjoy it. The game is free to dl and play and you can earn an in-game currency from experience to spend on useful items. The really fancy stuff is bought using Battlefunds (like Wiipoints, Windows Live pointes etc) which do cost real life money (I think they are a bit too pricey at the moment) but unlike a lot of other games they are restricted to just items that change your character's appearance. When it comes to weapons and abilities and stuff that actually effects gameplay it's a fair playing field as everyone has access to them as long as you've earned Valour points and you earn them just by playing. You can happily play the game without hitting a glass ceiling for not ever paying for extra items like some other "free" online games I've tried. If you really can't resist the temptation of the cool outfits, save your money for something you really like as new stuff becomes available as you level up and the outifits and accessories available change every so often to keep some uniqueness to everyone's appearance.

Post subject: Re: Battlefield Heroes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

I saw my brother playing this when it was in beta and it looked amazing, I think I may have to check it out myself as I quite enjoy those sorts of games.

SFX signature

Psycho "two swords" mercenary - Don't mix with alcymahol
The Panther
Ascended
TeePee, Wigwam, TENT
The Queen of Poker
WOK

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]