It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Guns of Icarus Online
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Has anyone else played this? It was reccomended to me by a few people (Including at least one ex SFX forumite)

Basically it is fighting on Steampunk airships, but your crew is made up of other people. You pick a class for the match (Pilot, Flying the thing, Gunner, Shooting stuff, Engineer, Fixing Stuff) and try to shoot down other airships.

It is quite a lot of fun. Although experience can vary wildy depending on what crew you randomly end up with. You get some whiners, or just people who are frustratingly bad (Which I'm sure some people also think when they end up with me) but overall the game has quite a good frantic and atmospheric feel.

Criticisms, Well your team can be a crapshoot, both in selection of crew and other ships in yoru team (Focusing fire is the best way to down another ship and if there isn't some form of teamwork you are stuffed) and there are the usual problems with any online team game (I just turned off Voice chat as a precaution but you still get moaning over the text chat) and there is often a problem of people quitting out (Or, oh hell, my ship has no pilot) the game subs in an AI gunner or engineer but it usually means you have a gunner or engineer piloting which is a pain for leveling up each character (You gain no pilot skills as an engineer subbing as pilot if that makes sense) also the AI is pretty dumb. I've also found the game takes a pretty hefty difficulty spike when you graduate from novice.

Anyone else playing?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]