It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:52 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Xbox Live: TALON77
As I've mentioned in another thread I worked on the Star Wars mod for BF2142 First Strike. Here I thought I'd start a thread specifically for it, and to also chart the transition over to a new engine, Unreal 4 and our merger with another Star Wars mod team Star Wars: Battlecry. Here are a few shots of a First Strike asset being converted for use in Unreal 4, the asset is more complete, and the textures partially generated from within the engine making the most of what it has to offer.

In addition to this since it is the end of the year it is time for the ModDB (Mod Database) Mod of the Year Awards. I have no illusions that we're going to win it or anything, but as the last year that First Strike will most likely qualify for this (in it's current form at least, remember we have merged with the Star Wars: Battlecry team), we'd like to go out with one last big hurrah celebrating the good years we had since the mods first release way back in 2007. So check out the article, and if you like what you see, register on the ModDB forums and cast your vote for First Strike.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/first-strike

In future updates if we get in the Top 100 we'll reveal our singleplayer plans to circumvent the cancelling of Master Server support by EA, and look back at some of the good times when First Strike was insanely popular and we had huge multiplayer battles on the servers, complete with video footage from the time by community members.

:cantina:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]