It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:59 pm 

PSN ID: veela_magnet
Okay I know I'm super late to the party, but because it was released on PS+, I last night started playing Arkham Asylum -- I'm LOVING the production values to it, the fact that they not only got Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, BUT they also got Tara "Twilight Sparkle* Strong in for Harley Quinn! All kinds of winment!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Just popping in to ask if anyone is playing Destiny? My brothers got me into it and, though I didn't like it at first (or second, third...for some time actually), and there are elements that are deeply flawed, I've come to really enjoy it. Now with The Taken King in a week, which looks set to address everything that's wrong with the current game, it would be nice to have a few more "friends" to log on and do strikes, raids, the new re-vamped public events or whatever with.

So, er, yeah, anyone playing Destiny? My psn details are over there under the avatar<--.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:04 pm 

Tao wrote:
Just popping in to ask if anyone is playing Destiny? My brothers got me into it and, though I didn't like it at first (or second, third...for some time actually), and there are elements that are deeply flawed, I've come to really enjoy it. Now with The Taken King in a week, which looks set to address everything that's wrong with the current game, it would be nice to have a few more "friends" to log on and do strikes, raids, the new re-vamped public events or whatever with.

So, er, yeah, anyone playing Destiny? My psn details are over there under the avatar<--.
I was nagged into getting a PS4 just to play Destiny, and I'm glad I didn't, as by the time I DID finally get my PS4, most of my friends had gone off it. To be honest, the single player mode really doesn't interest me -- I'm more of a Borderlands person :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:23 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Yeah, I can see why people went off it after a while. The single player really isn't up to much, but then it was always supposed to be played online with friends rather than on your own. Unfortunately, once you'd done a certain amount of online play it started to get repetitive, which is what put a lot of people off.

Also due to the leveling mechanics after level 20, XP became useless and it was all about upgrading the armour and getting better weapons, which meant that a lot of the activities ceased to have any point. And it's bloody hard to get above level 30, and impossible without some people to play with. I've been grinding away at it with my brothers and I'm level 33 and a half, hopefully reach 34 in the next few days, which is the highest.

But, in just over a week all that will change. Level cap will be set to 40, and it's all XP based, so there'll be no activities that won't contribute to character advancement. New weapons, locations, tonnes of content...it's really going to be a very different game, one that's taken a year's worth of player feedback into account and does look set to deliver in a big way. I can see all those people who had left the game coming back to it in droves. It's all very exciting.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 pm 

See, the idea of a big wodge of DLC is nice.

Does anyone still play Borderlands? I went back to the first one after completing Handsome Collection, and found it tons of fun -- I'm just wrapping up the last few DLC missions now, and then it's onto Metal Gear V!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 am 

PSN ID: EdtheHead1973
Veela Magnet wrote:
Does anyone still play Borderlands? I went back to the first one after completing Handsome Collection, and found it tons of fun -- I'm just wrapping up the last few DLC missions now, and then it's onto Metal Gear V!

Ho-hum. Another game i'd like to try but cant get it started. I still have the second on the PS3.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:28 pm 

Ed the Head wrote:
Veela Magnet wrote:

Ho-hum. Another game i'd like to try but cant get it started. I still have the second on the PS3.
I actually did play the second one first, but I would heartily recommend you at least try the first one beforehand -- the story isn't especially groundbreaking, but it actually made me appreciate BL2 SO much more, and I kinda wish I had played them in sequence

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3