It is currently Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Zombie U
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:45 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Managed to get this for a tenner on Tesco direct. When I started playing I was really impressed. OK, so the first character died almost instantly, but I put that down to narrative, and quite enjoyed playing with the second character, levelling her up, collecting stuff and exploring the first of the big areas in the game. Right up until she was suddenly swamped with countless zombies and died right before I could get her to safety.

OK, I thought, that was a bit traumatic, but that was a good hour and a half of gameplay on one person, so I'm doing alright I think. Nope. Now I'm plonked back in the safe house with a load of zombies just outside the door and a new character with 6 bullets and a cricket bat. Dead in less than a minute. Well, I say dead, turned into another zombie just outside the safe house door. Another 8 identical characters later I finally manage to clear out the zombie attack, then go off to the next area.

Finally, I think, back into the game. For a bit. Before suddenly being swamped in zombies and dying. Again.

And that seems to be the way the game works. You get a little further with the character you have, then the game throws a hoard of zombies at you and you die. Then you get slightly further with the next character before the same thing happens again. It's annoying, and I'm having a break from Zombie U for a bit.

I don't know. I like to think I'm a fairly good gamer, but it's getting frustrating, especially as the zombies are pretty quick and almost impossible to run from in large numbers.

Anyone else played this? What's your experience of the game?

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

Post subject: Re: Zombie U
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:11 pm 

I've had it on the shelf for a long while. Zombies scare the bejesus out of me, and I've been so tied up with all the other titles released on the Wii U. NSMBU, NLBU, MK8, LoZ:WW, Pikmin 3 , DK, Hyrule Warriors and now Bayonetta 1 and 2 are getting in the way.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]