It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:47 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Xbox Live: TALON77
I hear ya. I also feel that is the weakest of the bunch. I felt that they wrapped things up nicely with Toy Story 3, so this entry seems a little unnecessary, but still looks interesting. I try to never underestimate Pixar these days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

This looks like it'll be good for a giggle....

:lol: :applaud: :thumbs: :applaud: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 am 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Where did this come from? First I'd heard of it, looks good though, I'll definitely watch it at some point.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:30 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Tao wrote:
Where did this come from? First I'd heard of it, looks good though, I'll definitely watch it at some point.

Going the other way myself I thought Zombieland did it better

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm 

Most of the people who have commented about this movie on-line have already dismissed it simply because it's low budget, but i'm liking the look of this. An intriguing post-modern take on the genre and the logical next step after Kick Ass. Plus, I'll happily rather watch a low budget effort from film-makers doing the best they can with whatever resources are available to them, than some soulless studio movie designed by committee* and churned out on a production line with hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it.

* Shane Black's plans to have a female arch-villain (presumably Madam Masque) in Iron Man 3 being vetoed by Marvel because 'female action figures don't sell well' is surely a textbook example of the tail wagging the dog.

Last edited by fenris on Sat May 25, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:52 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

fenris wrote:

Most of the people who have commented about this movie on-line have already dismissed it simply because it's low budget, but i'm liking the look of this. An intriguing post-modern take on the genre and the logical next step after Kick Ass. Plus, I'll happily rather watch a low budget effort from film-makers doing the best they can with whatever resources are available to them, than some soulless studio movie designed by committee* and churned out on a production line with hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it.

* Shane Black's plans to have a female arch-villain (presumably Madam Masque) in Iron Man 3 being vetoed by Marvel because 'female action figures don't sell well' is surely a textbook example of the tail wagging the dog.

My understanding is that they originally planned for Maya Hansen to be the villain rather than Aldrich Killian. Presumably everything else would have been much the same.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:28 pm 

Trailer for Australian fantasy movie Harmony, that was intended to be the starting point for a multi-media franchise called The Five Frequencies Saga, with not only several sequels planned, but also tie-in novels and computer games. However, those plans came to a tragic and premature end on Boxing Day 2017 when actress Jessica Falkholt - who portrays the saga's central character Harmony - suffered serious injuries in a car crash (her parents and younger sister were killed) and eventually died on 17th January 2018 having never regained consciousness. She was 28 years old.

Harmony was being released on DVD in the UK on 12th August as The Otherworld, but according to Amazon it's undergone another re-titling to become Immortal World.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:44 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

fenris wrote:
Trailer for Australian fantasy movie Harmony, that was intended to be the starting point for a multi-media franchise called The Five Frequencies Saga, with not only several sequels planned, but also tie-in novels and computer games. However, those plans came to a tragic and premature end on Boxing Day 2017 when actress Jessica Falkholt - who portrays the saga's central character Harmony - suffered serious injuries in a car crash (her parents and younger sister were killed) and eventually died on 17th January 2018 having never regained consciousness. She was 28 years old.

Harmony was being released on DVD in the UK on 12th August as The Otherworld, but according to Amazon it's undergone another re-titling to become Immortal World.

That's horrible, how sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm 

I really don't know what to think about this. On one hand, it's genius. But on the other hand... why?! And how the hell did they come up with this idea in the first place?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:09 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
I remember loving the Banana Splits as a small child in the late 70s so I'm definitely watching this!

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

fenris wrote:

I really don't know what to think about this. On one hand, it's genius. But on the other hand... why?! And how the hell did they come up with this idea in the first place?

Absolute f..king genius.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 pm 

Trailer for Russian science-fiction movie Goalkeeper of the Galaxy (yes, really);

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4