It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Deadpool
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm 

Ryan Reynolds has tweeted the first look at Deadpool's costume. I was a bit skeptical of how they would pull this film off, considering how fourth wall busting he is in the comics, but that looks pretty damn great. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Deadpool
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

The picture is even funnier when you know its based on a Burt Reynolds picture he did for playgirl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

You made me Google for the image....currently pouring Dettol into my eyes.....

twitter.com/stevehyett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:00 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Xbox Live: TALON77
Red band trailer (how could it be anything else?) for Deadpool makes this film looking f***ing awesome. Was pissing myself the whole way through the thing, and is that not the best damned cinematic version of Colossus we've seen yet that pops up in this?

Watch with caution, definitely NSFW.

:leonie:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 am 
Arcane Member Level 1
Arcane Member Level 1

Now my OH hates Reynolds (not as much as Affleck or Farrell but still) and had very little interest after Origins bit ended up loving the tailer. She laughed throughout and said Reynolds perfectly cast. Great stuff.

Question of timelines, Does he get his powers in the present? I know the original timeline with Stryker is presumably gone but for someone who must be in their 70s Wade is looking good!

PEOPLE: You're funny.
ME: Get stuffed!
PEOPLE: Haha! Such a joker! *ruffles hair*
-Dramatised recreation of normal conversation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:36 am 

hammard wrote:
Question of timelines, Does he get his powers in the present? I know the original timeline with Stryker is presumably gone but for someone who must be in their 70s Wade is looking good!

Apparently the studio are disowning Origins completely, so I don't think it matters. There was a "trailer trailer" in which Deadpool points out how ridiculous it was that his mouth was sewn up last time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

I suppose we'll find out for definite when we see the movie, but there's also the point that he's got a healing factor - so he could be 70 and look just the same.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 am 
Arcane Member Level 1
Arcane Member Level 1

Pez wrote:
there's also the point that he's got a healing factor - so he could be 70 and look just the same.

But isn't it the experiment that creates the healing factor? Otherwise he wouldn't be worrying about cancer?

PEOPLE: You're funny.
ME: Get stuffed!
PEOPLE: Haha! Such a joker! *ruffles hair*
-Dramatised recreation of normal conversation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:29 am 

hammard wrote:
Pez wrote:
there's also the point that he's got a healing factor - so he could be 70 and look just the same.

But isn't it the experiment that creates the healing factor? Otherwise he wouldn't be worrying about cancer?

Yes, it is - sorry, I should have been clearer... If there's going to be any attempt to even make the timelines match up (I don't know why they'd bother, but maybe just a nod to the fact that Wade has already appeared in the X-Men universe) then the experiment could take place in the "past" of the current movie timeline (when he's in his 30s/40s), but he then ages really slowly from then on.

I don't think they'll even bother with anything like that. This will just be a new Wade, no connection to the previous version. There will no doubt be references to the old version (it is the fourth-wall-breaking Deadpool, after all), but I'd be happy if they just left it all to one side.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 am 

If it's as good as the trailer, it will be amazing. I'll just be sitting here with my fingers crossed until February.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:12 am 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

The question that has never been answered is what is the timeline going to be. Or if it has I have missed it.

Age of Apocalypse, with the new Storm, Jean, Cyclops etc is going to be 80s

If the new actors are going to be the defacto versions from now on, and there is going to be crossovers between Deadpool, Gambit etc and other standalones, are we talking about a retro timeline quickly accelerating to the present?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 pm 

I have decided to give up on working out the X universe timeline and just (hopefully) enjoy the movies.
I don't think I'll ever be able to make sense of it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

what Deadpool did for Halloween

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:47 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Awesome. I really can't wait for this, all the little quips and forth wall breaking nods are really capturing the spirit of the character. As long as they hang a good story in there amongst the gags this will kick arse.

:banana:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 pm 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

Anyone seen the new poster

Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:04 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Yeah, funny as f***, like they're trying to convince that it is a rom com for Valentine's Day. The whole campaign for this has been genius, if the film is half as good it'll be epic.

:hitthetable:

Here's a link to all the promos and every last one of them is worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjy ... aVaEq7Mxxp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:53 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

:drinkscreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:45 pm 

More new posters :smoth: :
He's such a cutey (there's more here)

If this film is half as good as the marketing campaign it will be brilliant. Please be good. Please please please be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Apparently there was a test screening of selected scenes from the movie in NYC, but it turned out that the cast was there and as an additional surprise rather than a selection of clips they got to see the film in its entirety, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, really gagging to see this now.

http://movieweb.com/deadpool-post-credi ... reactions/

:applaud:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:05 am 

Location: ISS London, Battlecruiser Imperial Navy, Segmentum Solar
Saw the poster on side of a bus yesterday , and spent about 15 minutest trying to explain Deadpool to the girlfriend afterwards . Mostly unsuccessfully ...

To be honest I was never the biggest fan of the character & will have to borrow a few of his graphic novels before I get to the DVD .

Also not a big fan of Ryan Reynolds either - so double the antipathy toward this screen outing ... *sighs & shrugs*

Last edited by Fleet Captain Roak on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

:drinkscreen:

Ohh, these just keep getting better and better.

Happy Australia Day!

:hitthetable:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 am 

Hah, that's what I came here to post! :lol:

I'm surprised they haven't done something to address the whole, 'banned in China' thing (due to violence, nudity and graphic violence apparently).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:47 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Yeah, that has to turn up in a promo at some point. Loved the line regarding career low point, the genius just keeps coming.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 pm 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

I wonder if they will be adding all this stuff to the Blu-Ray as extras. Even if the film is a disappointment, it would be almost worth it for all of the marketing alone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:51 am 

The marketing team is at it again:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 pm 

And in 'slightly bizarre promotional tactics that actually make a lot of sense when you think about them' news, may I present the Deadpool testicular cancer infomercial:

Listen to Deadpool guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:09 am 

I thought it was brilliant.

As a discerning cinema goer - I'll admit it's probably a 3.5/5 movie on the upper end.

As a 20 year Deadpool fan, its a 6/5.

Really hit all the beats I wanted. Great spots. So many great lines.

This really was everything plus the kitchen sink - it's almost as if the real heroes here - the writers - thought that they really would only have one movie.

The opening credits are a genius move in tone setting and from there it keeps on going.

Yes - the plot is thin as a wafer - but I don't care about the plot, I care about the crazy guy in a Spider-man rip off costume playing around in it. And Reynolds/Deadpool has a whale of a time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am 

I also thought it was brilliant. I mean, as Knappos said, the plot is a bit thin, but who the hell cares when it's so much fun? Everyone was clearly having a blast while they made it and it really comes across. The opening credits were genius, the soundtrack is on point, and Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.

One of my favourite things though:
Spoiler:
I loved how you saw him make the suit. Other superheroes just sort of acquire their super suits and you wonder how they made it. Wade Wilson knows how to sew, dammit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:58 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Yeah, I liked that element too, but to be fair other superhero movies have done this to some extent, most notably most incarnations of Spidey make a big deal of him coming up with various designs for his suit before he lands on the classic look.

I loved this, it was all it promised and more, also liked the opening sequence and faux credits at the beginning, everything is telling you this is not going to be your average superhero movie from the get go. A slight plot it might have had, but how else are ya gonna have the room to shove all those gags in?

Despite it all I still can't get over how well they did Colossus, for me this version wiped the floor with anything the main X-Men series of movies have put on the screen relating to the character, looked ripped straight from the pages of the comic book, though they did seem to make his character uncharacteristically dumb. Also loved the way they went old skool with the X-Men's jet making it a largely unaltered Blackbird as it appears in a great deal of the comics (Like the 60's set X-Men: First Class did before it, granted, but to still have that design for the modern era just felt right), just little touches like that made it feel really authentic to me.

And though there was no world ending calamity in the 3rd act of this and it was all quite personal, the action was still off the charts and visceral throughout, I almost felt my own teeth rattle each time Colossus went toe to toe with Gina Carano's character. Also loved, how even though Deadpool has similar abilities to Wolverine with his mutant healing ability, how it was played very differently due to the tone and certificate, so it looked painful and then some, but also beautifully played for laughs in an encounter with Colossus.

And best of all? No sewed up mouth so Deadpool can wax lyrical with that motormouth all movie long.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am 

You know, thinking about it,
Spoiler:
those posters making it out to be a rom com weren't that far off the mark, where they? I mean, it's certainly not your typical rom com, but the central love story was actually rather sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:54 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Yeah, Morena Baccarin was great in her role and certainly gave Reynolds' Wade a run for his money in both the rude and funny, perfect cinematic romantic couple for Valentines Day.

And she was certainly not your typical damsel in distress when the kaka hit the fan.

:smoth:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:13 pm 
Atomic Member
Atomic Member

Brilliant fun and laugh out funny from the opening credits. As stated the plot is paperthin and seen before. In other hands and with others heroes this would have been a so so film. However here it gives the tone room to be itself.

The opening action scene - that alone needs repeat viewing to take it all in. And their must have been a ton of one liners I missed.

Deadpool's attack on Colossus was both painful and hilarious. Leading to one of the best quips - Which one, Stewart or McAvoy. And the interaction with Sinead O'Connor. Negasonic Teenage Warhead will be missed in AoA.

In fact Deadpool is almost setting out its own integrated Marvel Universe that all are in despite the studios both getting on and righting an inconsistencies it finds. From crashed Helicarriers to the reveal of Negasonic real uniform.

And kudos for pulling of a believable on screen relationship. I actually bought into the central relationship, and hope Vanessa is back for II

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next