It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Right , for the second year in a row no awards thread from me...there are many reasons ( which I will be going into ) but the main reason is the same as last year. I don't think the quality is there , we have had a year of stop starts when it come to the cinema so what films have been released have proven to be hardly Best movie quality , Like when a remake of an Oscar winner is a hot favourite in West Side Story...It's not good. ( Although Branagh's BELFAST is looking like an early favourite and one I am looking forward to seeing) I don't think Hollywood helped itself with last years awards with the lowest viewing numbers on record . Guess what? People are getting fed up of by being lectured by Millionaires and Covid only emphasized the problem , people who were worried about where the next pay cheque is coming from or when they can see family really don't give a **** to see Glenn Close twerking , while the ending by swapping best picture and best actor and the surprise announcement showed how out of touch the Academy is really, even with the opinions of it's own members. But then again The Academy has brought in a series of ridiculous rules to show how "woke" it is that means in future , winners will be tainted by the doubt of was it really the best picture or did it win because it matched up with "current" attitudes.

Now that's the Main reason however ..there are two more ...( but unlike last year when I told you I am Ill these are good and I felt last year was too much of a downer which I didn't mean it to be)

First . I am in the middle of setting up a youtube channel that will cover Film Reviews that I hope to launch on Jan 1st or Second...I am in the middle of trying to work out digital editing ( easy they said! :lol: ) I will post a link here when it's launched .

Secondly as some of you know from my posts , I have made short films in the past ( some winning awards) well I have been persuaded to come out of my medically influenced retirement to direct a Science Fiction Short next year ( the producer wants to make a mark) so I'm kinda busy trying to organize actors, scripts etc, etc

Still next year will be better ( well it's got to be ) and hopefully we can do a thread then. So until then to every one of you Happy Christmas!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:21 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

johnone wrote:

First . I am in the middle of setting up a youtube channel that will cover Film Reviews that I hope to launch on Jan 1st or Second...I am in the middle of trying to work out digital editing ( easy they said! :lol: ) I will post a link here when it's launched .
!

Make sure to post a link here when thats up and running

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:06 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Will do , it's been delayed because of the latest Irish Government rule to stop the spread of Omnicron by shutting down cinemas , pubs and theatres by 8p.m until the 31st of January....Said restrictions utterly failed btw and they are admitting it but are still keeping the restrictions?!?!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]