It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm 
Arcane Member Level 1
Arcane Member Level 1

Knappos wrote:
I was thinking about that today. IT was sure to get a good opening, but the repeat business which would give it a good run depended on a film which people wanted to see again - which I don't think is what they got (I've only used my unlimited card for one viewing).

Joker might be getting more repeat business, but at the same time might be benefiting from word of mouth, awards talk (and win) and all the viral marketing provided by the moral panic over the film.

Joker's 7th now and around $40M clear of IT (so, i was embarrassingly wrong above).

Jumanji 3 has 19 days in the 2019 box office and Jumanji 2 managed to pull in $235M in 19 days. Both went up against Star Wars. So, maybe IT is destined for a finish outside of the top ten after all, with Jumanji in 10th - unless something else performs well enough to take that space.

"Frozen 2" is probably the next big film and that'll push "Hobbs & Shaw" out. "Star Wars" should end up with a place in the 10, which is going to push out "Us"'s $175M. Which means #10 is going to be occupied by "It: Chapter 2". So "Jumanji 3" is going to need to take more than $210M to push "It" out of the 10 completely

Jumanji could do well Christmas week, we'll have a 6 week old "Frozen 2" , "Jumanji" and (just released) "Spies in Disguise" (& "Cats" ?) competing for the family dollar. A lot may just go for "Jumanji" just because it's the only option

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:54 am 

Cats looks awful. So there are bound to be plenty of folks who love it and go for it. Both me and my nipper liked the trailer for Spies in Disguise (and he loves anything 'spy' at the moment).

I think Jumanji will do very well the week it has ahead of Star Wars and then we'll really see how Star Wars has been impacted by The Last Jedi and Solo (hype + critical v audience reaction and backstage drama overshadowing hype & mismanaged promotional campaign x released so soon after TLJ backlash, respectively). I doubted TLJ would get first place two years ago and it did it. Can't see Rise beating Endgame but it might still have enough to get into the top 4.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3