It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 25 posts ]
 Post subject: The 100( UK pace)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:08 am 

Anyone watching this?

Comments on the latest episode Fog of War. SPOILERS if you haven't seen it!

Seen the latest The 100 yet? Called Fog of War

No OMG moments, but a solid episode.

A few bullet points

Octavia really is Little Miss Wilderness isn’t she. Watching where the beetles went to find a hidden garage to hide from the fog

Speaking of fog. The Mountain Men ‘made’ the fog and sent it out to kill the Ark People. That’s not very nice.

Sneaky grounders have a girl sit in the prison with Kane and Cornelius (or whatever his name is) who then turns out to be the leader. Way to get to know how your prisoners really think. Sneaky.

Finn got pardoned. What?! Abbey, you got lashed for just giving them weapons and letting them escape out of camp. I know you’re the lighter and softer version of chancellor. But really… Finn killed like 18 people – women, children and old people. That’s not something you just pardon with a wave of the hand.

Raven is so cool. Loved her doing her radio magic. Now they can listen in on the enemy. That’s gonna come in handy.

Lincoln’s change into Reaper seems a little quick. It’s been like what? Two days? Gotta respect Octavia for realising that he wasn’t going to stop attacking her due to the power of love. I did have a moment of wondering if he’d be able to resist the electric shock due to getting it all the time at the hands of the Mountain Men. But it seemed to do the trick just fine. Now it’s up to Octavia to break the conditioning.

Does anyone else want to see them racing through the woods in various cars. I just think it’ll look cool.

How exactly do the tents stop the acid fog? It’s acid. It should eat right through those tents. Abbey even looked out the “window” at the fog. Hmmmm. Science fail.

Bellamy was awesome as normal. He took out Lincoln knowing that Octavia would struggle to do it and knowing that dragging her away saying “leave him, he’s a reaper now” would be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Finn and Clarke = boring. This needs to be over now. I’m starting to like Clarke a bit more now, so I don’t want to see Finn dragging her down.

Jasper and Murphy know the truth about Mount Weather. And they are giving up their blood to buy time. Way to go guys. You rock.

Post subject: Re: The 100( UK pace)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:37 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I have had to skip the thread, as I am still watching but just fallen behind. I am pretty glad I stuck with this one though. Really improves as it gets on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Xbox Live: TALON77
Sure does, the last few episodes have been gripping to say the least. Like Mad Max ...in a forest, ...on foot.

:lol:

Seriously though, this has been getting really good of late. Well worth catching up with it again if you lost faith in the show at the end, or even before then end of the last season. Things really have changed up a gear this season, and the improvements across the board are almost getting this to must watch TV levels for me. Especially given the mortality rates of the lead characters, the producers of this show seem to take almost Wheddon/George R.R. Martin-esque glee in ripping your heart out by rubbing out your favourite characters.

:holyshit:

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:05 am 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
My sister lives in Ireland, where this season has just finished, and she says these last six episodes just get better and better and the finale is amazing, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them!

Anyone read the books this is based on? Judging by what I've read online the series has already gone beyond them.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:12 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I have been vaguely curious to read the book to see how colse/different it is.

One of the thoughts I have had is that my complaints of the early S1 (Annoying kids being hormonal and stupid, get off my lawn) is actually necessary for the character development. I really have an impression that our main cast have done quite a bit of growing up. Been a pleasant surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:40 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

And I'm caught up, just in time for the finale by the looks of it. I am wondering where we are going in the final part as there have been some tantalising hints at the larger world. Any word on this being axed yet?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:53 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PieMan70 wrote:
I have been vaguely curious to read the book to see how colse/different it is.

One of the thoughts I have had is that my complaints of the early S1 (Annoying kids being hormonal and stupid, get off my lawn) is actually necessary for the character development. I really have an impression that our main cast have done quite a bit of growing up. Been a pleasant surprise.

If you read synopses of the books online, it seems that the telly programme went beyond them at the start of season 2, and that the books were indeed hormonal kids being stupid, so I'd say avoid them in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I saw that in the SFX review recently, essentially where the series took off and became really good was when it used up the source material. They called it one of the worst YA novels ever written so this is really a Silk purse from a sow's ear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:15 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Well, wow, that was good, has it got a season 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:05 am 
Arcane Member Level 1
Arcane Member Level 1

PieMan70 wrote:
Well, wow, that was good, has it got a season 3

Yep. CW renewed every show it had in one go apart from Hart of Dixie (which has been an old poor performer for a while) and the then yet to air new spring shows.

PEOPLE: You're funny.
ME: Get stuffed!
PEOPLE: Haha! Such a joker! *ruffles hair*
-Dramatised recreation of normal conversation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Oh good. Really interested where season 3 will take us. About my only gripe was, on occasion, the "Mountain Men" seemed to do things just for teh evilz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:15 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

So, anyone watching season 3?

Very interested in where it is going, getting a lot more world building too seeing other clans & more survivors. Like the time shift to give us a newer status quo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm 

I'm loving this show. It's the highlight of my week.

Loved the third episode. It just keeps getting better and better

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:29 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I was genuinely surprised they blew the mountain this early on. I was all set for some sort of big standoff with the farm module survivors taking over and becoming mountain men mk2.

And yes, considering it had an exceptionally shaky start this has really grown into a very interesting series.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Surprised this hasn't been talked about more. Just watched the final two episodes back to back, some seriously thrilling TV, interesting if tried and tested sci-fi tropes being used, but all in the service of a great story, it is interesting to see how this seems to have gone from strength to strength since the source material dried up and they had to strike out on their own. The A.I. (Ali) has proven to be a genuinely chilling enemy up there with the Borg or Nu-BSGs skin job Cylons or even 2001's HAL. The total bending of a human's will and soul to her own end really lead to some disturbing scenes, and with tensions already high between the Grounders and 'The Skycrew', when the A.I.'s plan finally came to the fore you suddenly realised just how devastating this threat could be on a bigger scale than had been seen before on the show. Great stuff. If you gave up on this show it is well worth investing the time to watch it, even managed a more than satisfying finale, with the potential promise of even more good stuff to come.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:49 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

It is a series that really rewards those who made it through the first season. I was lukewarm in season 1, but it ended strongly and season two was cracking. This season has upped the ante quite a bit. I would still advise people work through season 1. when you consider how far people like Kane and Bellamy have come it is really very impressive for a show which was initially pretty teens in Canada.

The finale was really good. Kudos to the woman who played Ali, she managed to get a rather chilling inhuman expression. It was more than just keeping her voice and expression neutral while explaining horrific things, there was a real sense that what was speaking was not human. The actual concept was brilliantly chilling as well. She had to recruit people voluntarily (i.e. she couldn't get someone to shove a chip down someone's throat) but she was quite able to work within her programmed limits to torture and maim people until they submitted.

Spoiler:
On to the finale, loved some of the elements in the final story (When Jasper was listing off everyone who died I rather liked a recurring cause being "Death By Clarke" I just about cheerd when Lexa appeared in the city of light and genuinely expected Pike to survive, partly because the series loves to turn a complete bastard into the guy you root for (And they were going that way with pike) and also to keep the antagonism for the next series. Speaking of that, is there another series planned? Obviously it will be tracking down the reactors, but also I wonder what the fallout will be for those who were chipped, will there be side effects (networking) if someone takes the flame will they find themselves with a ready made army?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Indeed, some of the character arcs over these 3 seasons have been fantastic, and the fact that details harking back to the first season still have consequences here, really borne out in the final couple of episodes, especially when as you note Jasper goes over that list of people, but also how the past had a very real effect on the present.

Spoiler:
It is also a testament to the writers that Jasper's fall from grace is totally believable, and is a complete gut punch when you realise what that means. Also considering he was the wimpiest comic relief character of the first season, he didn't half make for an effective Terminator like character once it was revealed he had been turned. And his dark determined focused presence in "The Matrix" was also effective. Gripping stuff. With Pike I kinda saw that coming. There was no way he was going to get away with it. Too many people wanted his blood, and the fact Octavia was willing to bleed him at the cost of the defense of everyone in there during the opening skirmish of that final battle said it all, sod the consequences he was going down. Still, the way they did it was so well executed (pun fully intended), that even though I knew it was coming, it still shocked. Very nicely done.

Alie is played by a good actress, Erica Cerra, if you ever watched Eureka (the series formerly known as A Town Called Eureka :p ), you might remember her from that, as she was Deputy Lupo from that, and one of the best things in it. It shows how good she is as an actress because this character couldn't be further from the one she played there. Very much obviously channeling the Six in Baltar's mind from BSG even down to a red dress, so not the most original character portrayal, but still really well done.

I believe they have secured a 4th season, I'd be surprised if they didn't as the show has just continually got better. I just hope word of mouth is enough to get people who gave up on it in season one the impetus to give it another chance, as it is so worth it.

Roll on series 4

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:36 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I do tell people who gave up in S1 to go back, hells I nearly gave up. It had been sitting on my DVR for ages and I was stuck for something to watch, fortunately this was about two weeks before season 2 aired on E4 and I was galvanised into setting a recording for the second season (Something which Under the dome never managed)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:28 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

So this is back and, just to add to the frivolous and light atmosphere we also have massive radiation poisoning thrown in. Yay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

Good solid opener for the season though. Rather gruesome at the end there!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Quite surprised this is a search for shelter. Could see this as a final season and the end will be all remaining people retreating to some huge bunker. I actually thought it would be a "travel to a special place with the big off button" kind of season so this idea of finding somewhere to wait out the radiation is interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:54 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Well that was an ending. Glad they have a new series because I would be bloody annoyed if it was left with that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:42 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

Very interesting developments for the next season though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I am wondering so many things

Spoiler:
Ok so the bunker and ark people will still be alive. The bunker I am mainly assuming since Caine has evaded certain death so many times and Jaha survived a fall from space so raging atomic fire should be no issue. Space I wonder if we will see them picked up by the transport on the way down or keeping quiet to avoid detection.

Has Clarke found some night bloods? More than one?

And the transport, I am assuming it is human having English writing on it. Was there a space prison we didn't know about? Or are we getting aliens who assumed the world was dead?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:33 pm 

Saw a trailer on Channel 4 a couple of days ago stating that the final season of The 100 is going to be premiering soon (no date was given) on 4Music. That really has become the channel were genre shows go to die, hasn't it? Ironically, due to the transmitter fire that was widely reported a couple of weeks ago, 4Music currently isn't available on Freeview (don't know about it's availability on other services). Instead, The Box has been screened in it's place for the last fortnight.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 25 posts ]