It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 22 posts ]
 Post subject: Soft Drinks?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:05 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Prompted by a comment in the Tavern (nice place - you should drop in) - what are people's favourite soft drinks?

I am very partial to Pear Juice, but it is almost impossible to find.

Post subject: Re: Soft Drinks?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I like cranberry juice. Also Grapefruit juice.

Of Course, the ultimate is Coffee. Always the coffee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:05 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

PieMan70 wrote:

I am that rare breed - I don't drink coffee (or tea!). Even the smell makes me feel quite ill, especially in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Not too rare, my wife doesn't like the smell of coffee either, and in fact shuns most hot drinks (Hot ribina is her limit)

of course, marrying someone who really likes strong, filter coffee that frequently makes the whole kitchen smell like a coffee shop was perhaps not her best idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:38 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Trumpetmike wrote:
PieMan70 wrote:

I am that rare breed - I don't drink coffee (or tea!). Even the smell makes me feel quite ill, especially in the morning.

Everything about coffee makes me ill, the smell, the taste...can't stand the stuff.

As for tea, I drank so much of the stuff that a few years ago my digestive system rebelled and decided I wasn't having any more without suffering for it. Gutted, I bloody love tea. My wife drinks neither tea nor coffee.

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:06 pm 
Demi-goddess

I can understand the smell/taste of coffee making people feel ill - tea does the same to me. If I'm making a round, I use a different spoon to stir tea just in case it contaminates my coffee, and I get a little bit twitchy if someone drinks tea from one of my mugs (I know, ridiculous, shut up JJ you bloody idiot).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:07 pm 

Tea. I used to drink quite a bit of coffee but I was having adverse effects and I couldn't sleep.

Shloer, is like a lemonade but not as sweet. However it is quite pricey so I only get it on special offer.

Appletiser, refreshing fizzy beverage

I crave the occasional Coke.

Soda and Lime cordial or if I want a slightly bitter flavour tonic water and lime cordial.

Orange Juice, I have a preference for the Princes brand I know it comes from concentrate but it should be illegal because I would drink the entire carton if I could.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:32 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
jumpin' jellybean wrote:
If I'm making a round, I use a different spoon to stir tea just in case it contaminates my coffee.

The amount of times I've been ridiculed for not drinking a cup of tea 'cos it'd been stirred with a spoon that'd been in coffee! No, I'm not being ridiculous, you've made my tea taste disgusting!

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:56 pm 
Demi-goddess

Tao wrote:
jumpin' jellybean wrote:
If I'm making a round, I use a different spoon to stir tea just in case it contaminates my coffee.

The amount of times I've been ridiculed for not drinking a cup of tea 'cos it'd been stirred with a spoon that'd been in coffee! No, I'm not being ridiculous, you've made my tea taste disgusting!

DUDE. We are the only sane people. The only ones.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

jumpin' jellybean wrote:

If that is the definition of sane, God help us all

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm 

I really don't like hot drinks. The exception being Hot Chocolate (whipped cream, flake, hold the marshmallows) but even then I let it cool a fair bit before I drink it. But my hate of tea and coffee extends to even the cold ones.

Having said that, I do have to make an awful lot of tea and coffee for the family and would never use the same spoon to stir two different beverages. They taste completely different, why wouldn't you at least rinse it?

Soft drink of choice is no-bits orange juice from concentrate, preferably Morrison's. No squash or cordial, that's gross.

Lemonade before coke and that's only when I'm eating out and can't trust the orange juice.

And that's it really.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:23 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

jumpin' jellybean wrote:
Tao wrote:
jumpin' jellybean wrote:

Nope, another two-spooner here. I used to get grief for it when I lived with my parents. Apparently, two spoons is too many for one brew, even if one of the cuppas is instant coffee.

Other soft drinks wise, I'm not keen on orange or lemon squash, but I do like lime, blackcurrant, lingonberry or apple & blackberry. Pulpless OJ is my fresh juice of choice. Fizzy...orangeade (especially Hartwall Jaffa over here) or just plain old soda water. I do like ginger beer, but it's not a Finnish thing. I used to drink gallons of Coke, but I can't stand it anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:32 pm 

I basically live on coffee. But it would appear I have somehow ended up a coffee snob - I don't like instant coffee!

In the tea department I only like fruit teas and earl grey tea.

And yes everything must be stirred with a separate spoon. And I have set mugs for different kinds of drink. This is partly an excuse to have so many mugs but tea stains on a coffee mug are just not appealing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:48 am 

I drink a lot of diet cola - any brand except Coke Zero which to me tastes like plastic.

Also partial to a cup of tea. Or coffee. (Black tea or coffee at work, tea or coffee with milk at home). When I'm out I order black coffee and then put milk in it, because if you ask for white coffee they make it with hot milk, which is just...no. I can't drink anything made with hot milk. (Coffee, hot chocolate, none of that stuff).

Tonic water with lemon in it, also a winner. Dilutable lemon or blackcurrant cordial type things are good too.

In regard to stirring tea with a coffee spoon: I do this to my tea a lot of the time and I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in taste - possibly because I make really strong tea?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

rocksolidhair wrote:
I basically live on coffee. But it would appear I have somehow ended up a coffee snob - I don't like instant coffee!

I always thought I didn't like coffee until I first tried proper non-instant coffee. Then I realised that it was the instant stuff I didn't like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Robin the Ripper wrote:
rocksolidhair wrote:

I always thought I didn't like coffee until I first tried proper non-instant coffee. Then I realised that it was the instant stuff I didn't like!

Nothing wrong with coffee snobbery. I do sometimes wonder if it is the ritual of making the coffee I like as much as the drinking. I seem to have accumulated a few bits of coffee making equipment. In work I have two cups with a built in french press (Caffitiere) one normal, one portable (I do site work) at home I have A filter machine with built in expresso machine. However the expresso bit broke (As I found out during the Eurovision song contest this year when I got an hankering for expresso) so I bought a stove top expresso maker. Also had a caffitere at home but sent that to the In Laws to have proper coffee there.

You see, I insist on decent coffee but I do provide my on kit where possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm 

PieMan70 wrote:
You see, I insist on decent coffee but I do provide my on kit where possible.

Yup, I have accumulated several cafetieres and therefore often take my own with me! I can also be found walking around in the middle of a field on brownie camp with one of those one cup filter things hovered over my thermal mug! No camp coffee for me!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

I would reccomend this a bit

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartcafe-Hot-C ... Smart+Cafe

Although I see a Bodum one as well which may be better (As it has aged it can leak around the lid) but well worth it for filter coffee on the go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:21 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Tea for me. Preferably loose leaf Assam in a teapot. If I'm not actually thirsty, hot chocolate, but I tend to find I want another drink after that!

For cold drinks, I'm one of those weirdos who actually like water. But I drink Cola or fruit juice too, especially in pubs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 pm 
Flaming Member Level 2
Flaming Member Level 2

Just tried some pomegranate and apple - not sure it is a combination I will be trying again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:31 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Having been advised by my GP to eat and drink a bit healthier, I've stopped drinking carbonated stuff - Coke and so on, but when I did my tipple of preference was Irn Bru.

If I'm in a pub/restaurant and I'm not drinking anything alcoholic, then I'll have a lime and soda.

Tesco do a rather nice apple and raspberry juice that I'm partial to in the summer months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 am 

I like Fizzy Mixed Fruit Juice Drink. I also like coffee, but in rare occasion.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 22 posts ]