It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm 

Location: ISS London, Battlecruiser Imperial Navy, Segmentum Solar
Just finished 'Toast to Tomorrow' on FanFiction website & been truly stunned! Best read in ages. I'll post more favourites when I have a better signal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 pm 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Best one I read was one where Severus Snape ends up in the Discworld

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 pm 

That would be excellent ! Link please if you can ?

A short Harry Potter/Doctor Who cross over had the 10th Doctor having a right go at Voldemort :
" I suppose with a nose like that, air fresheners are REALLY wasted on you ?? "

Toast to Tomorrow's writer charis-chans stories page : https://m.fanfiction.net/u/1296427/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:16 am 
Flaming Member Level 1
Flaming Member Level 1

Fleet Captain Roak wrote:
That would be excellent ! Link please if you can ?

I did post it on the old SFX forum a long time ago and a google search just gives to many results ... the gist of it though

it starts after the end of the films Snape had lived though and was working for Voldermort the whole time , Hermione had caught him and was keeping him prisoner she wanted to make him pay fo what he had done to Harry.

She had spent a few months working out how the Veil in teh Ministry of magic worked she had realised that it was a portal to other worlds so she decided to sent Snape there

Magic ensues and Snape wakes up in the Discworld as a young child naked and freezing he is found by a Guard who thinks he is a street urchin teh guard takes pity on him and takes him to the Assassins guild he convinces them to take Severus

just before he leaves the Guard asks Snape what his name is (I am going to paraphrase from memory now)

My name thought Severus .. well not Severus anymore that life is gone this is a new chance to start again wipe it all from history change everything ....."Vetinari" said Snape ...And he set his mind to conquer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:53 pm 

One gem is The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood, which is alternatively very funny & then sad :

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.ph ... chapter=13

Luna is rapidly becoming my favourite character - her ability to make ANYTHING taste like chocolate comes in very handy, during some fanfics !!! ;-) 8-|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:20 pm 

Harry Potter and The Methods of Rationality

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/5782108/1/

OMG ! Hilariously brilliant : Harry is raised by his loving adopted mother & her University professor husband to be a highly intelligent , well read , rational 11 . And can't accept the illogicality of Magic at first ...

His first trip to Diagonal Alley had me in tears if laughter .

600K+ of words maybe a bit long for some , but it's had 30K+ reviews - which is more than any Fan Fiction I've seen - so well worth it . Hope some enjoy it as much as I am :-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:23 am 

Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past by S'TarKan Fic is active again after more than three years in Limbo .
Author had some serious health issues & almost died , so fantastic he's up & posting again

This is another story I got so emotionally involved in that I cried at end of The Chamber part ! Luna is even more hilarious here than canon , which is fantastic in itself . Almost 16,000 reviews to :

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2636963/1/

For a completely different take on HP & moving it up two decades - Harry's born in 2000 & starts at Hogwarts in 2011 - try the very adult For Love of Magic by Noodlehammer . It is one hell of a rollercoaster ride but best void if you don't like kinky sex or just scroll past those sections :

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11669575/1/For-Love-of-Magic

Many others to pick from , but generally you'll have to search that website yourself for something that's just your thing :thumbs:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]