It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:59 pm 
Forum God!
Forum God!

PSN ID: TaoJude
Nintendo Network ID: TaoJude
Hi, lots of views on the "Read this first" thread but not a lot of activity. On the off chance there are clan members who would like to interact but don't want to be the first to post anything I thought this thread might be useful. Just introduce yourself in the thread by posting a reply, see where it goes from there.

So yeah, I'm Tao, or TaoJude to use my PSN username, 45, male, married with two kids, been playing Destiny since the early days of D1 after my brother kept nagging me because he didn't have anyone to play with. Had a fireteam with him and my other brother for quite a while, but they've both given up on Destiny (in the case of the brother who got me into the game he actually gave up gaming entirely when his first kid came along), so I'm pretty much a solo player now.

Bit of an introvert, so I don't tend to join people I don't know in voice-chat; I wanted to join The Introverted Spire clan but it was full so I started DYOT as a no-pressure general clan for people to just, well, do whatever they want to, as you've probably already surmised. My recruitment strategy is to go through the roster in the Tower and Farm and just invite anyone not already in a clan, which seems to have worked well as there's about 90 members at the moment.

I'm not very good at Destiny if I'm honest, I do alright in the Crucible, sometimes (much preferred the 4v4 format) and I suppose I'm adequate at PvE, though my play style is to sit back, take my time, pick off as many enemies as I can with a scout rifle (Jade Rabbit at the moment) then go in to mop up the rest with an auto rifle, which isn't that compatible with most players who like to wade into the action! Probably why I usually seem to have the least kills in Heroic Strikes.

I let my kids have one of my character slots each so I'm stuck with my human Hunter, not that I'm complaining. Gunslinger for preference, and I use Celestial Nighthawk in PvE for the massive 6x Golden Gun shot (Knucklehead Radar in the Crucible).

That's about it. If this forum gets any interest and I get to know other players I might be persuaded to join a fireteam sometime in the future. I'd love to do a Raid, never managed to do one so far, but I generally don't have that kind of spare time. Be good to do a Nightfall or two while they're ridiculously easy (almost finished one solo this week (Inverted Spire) but couldn't quite finish off the final boss).

There you have it. If you're a clan member reading this then feel free to join the forum and post. I'm always happy to answer any questions about the forum, posting etc, just drop me a PM. :thumbs:

I'm gonna wave my freak flag high. HIGH!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]